Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Do you have good AT&T recieption in New York?

I am currently planning on buying a cell phone for my boyfriend, and adding him to my AT%26amp;T family plan, but there's one problem... He lives in new york and I am in oklahoma, I looked at the AT%26amp;T map and where he's at there's plenty of coverage, but I'm just nervous and not sure about if there's roaming? or what might happen, and I've had someone tell me that just because the map says there's service doesn't mean there is, basically i just want to know if there would be any difference if he was to use it up there rather than down here? We realize that he can't get the area code up there, it would have to be the area code here because I will be activating it here, Anything that anyone could let me know about I'd greatly appreciate it, I'm just trying to cover all bases, and yes I know that this may seem like a bad idea because we live so far apart, and people may think we'll break up and he'll misuse the phone, but that is not going to happen, He is actually going to be moving here, and this would be happening anyway, but he really needs a phone now. Best answer will be given, Thanks! =)Do you have good AT%26amp;T recieption in New York?
There should be coverage in New York. I would be shocked if AT%26amp;T did not have coverage down there, they would loose out on a ton of money if they didn't. I don't have any first hand experience in New York but I have some colleages with AT%26amp;T in Connecticut who have never complained about reception issues (and if the tiny town in Connecticut has service New York should too).

As for roaming/long distance, no, you do not have to worry about charges. To be certain, if you look at your plan it should say "no roaming/long distance in the USA". I just quickly checked the Family plans and they all list this so you should be covered.

No comments:

Post a Comment