Wednesday, March 7, 2012

I'm buying a cell phone for my boyfriend and he lives 1200 miles away, Will the coverage be the same?

I am currently planning on buying a cell phone for my boyfriend, and adding him to my AT%26amp;T family plan, but there's one problem... He lives in new york and I am in oklahoma, I looked at the AT%26amp;T map and where he's at there's plenty of coverage, but I'm just nervous and not sure about if there's roaming? or what might happen, or if there would be any difference if he was to use it up there rather than down here? We realize that he can't get the area code up there, it would have to be the area code here because I will be activating it here, Anything that anyone could let me know about I'd greatly appreciate it, I'm just trying to cover all bases, Best answer will be given, Thanks! =)I'm buying a cell phone for my boyfriend and he lives 1200 miles away, Will the coverage be the same?
Stop. Do not do it. Do not believe that map or anything a sales person tells you. I bought an AT%26amp;T prepaid for a friend who ended up moving to New York. The coverage map said she was covered and the sales person confirmed it. She had no service.



That's one reason not to do it. The second is that you do not want to make your family legally liable for your boyfriend's phone use. You do not want to make them legally liable for an early termination fee if your relationship goes south. I know you think that bad things can't happen. They can and they usually do. Until you're legally married, keep your accounts separate.

No comments:

Post a Comment