Sunday, March 4, 2012

I feel like a cowardly dumbass?

okay today I was eating at a small restaurant with my cousin . Then came these a couple came in and asked if they can borrow my phone for a little bit. Me being a nice person I would help anybody in need and it would take a second. So I gave them my phone, it seem like they were talking to guy's parents because the girls parents wouldn't answer. Whatever I wasn't really paying attention. and then they kept on talking, me and my cousin were just staring at them because we didn't want to cause a scene in the restaurant. Also they look like they were sick and then touching my phone %26gt;_%26lt; YUCK. It ended up that they took like around 10 F**KING MINUTES!!!. I was like wtf why are they taking forever. But me being a shy person didn't say anything. Well they gave me back my phone and I just left. When I got home I sprayed Lysol because I don't want to get sick. Later I saw the phone number the couple were talking to and it had a area code 901. When I looked it up it was Tennessee, I live in Texas. WTF!!! I was sooo freaking mad!!!! TALK ABOUT RUDE!!!!

I seriously regret not saying anything, I feel like an idiot straight up.I feel like a cowardly dumbass?
Lesson learned, right?
First, I look at things from the other persons point of view. I cannot even conceive of a phone in today's society that has limited minutes (or such a low amount of minutes that 10 minutes really matter) or long distance charges (short of a land line). So if i asked to borrow a phone I wouldn't even consider mentioning it is not local cause I wouldn't expect it to matter. Lysol, good idea, even if they didn't act sick you can never be to careful and I cannot fault you for that. Saying something to somebody about the length of time they were using a phone I allowed them to use? 10 minutes? I like to take my time eating and usually sit a few minutes after I am through to let my food settle, when opportunity permits so I wouldn't have cared and wouldn't have said nothing unless it got upwards of 20 minutes or something or I NEEDED to leave and they were holding me up. I don't think you were scared to ask for the phone back, I think you were embarrassed. Obviously they were in need and lacked the resources to fill that need, and the need was great enough to cause them to approach a stranger, which is hard for most people to do. To answer your question, no you are not cowardly, you just appear to lack empathy, fall on really hard times once or twice and you will learn some.I feel like a cowardly dumbass?
You sound too nice for your own good, but don't worry we all make silly mistakes. You will hate yourself for a while but you did learn a valuable lesson in life. Next time you need to say no.
And that is why you should dial the number for someone who asks to use your phone. Then you would know it is long distance and could say, "I'm sorry, but my plan does not include free long distance."



I do think it was extremely rude of them to even ask unless it was an emergency. Even then, they needed to keep it to a minimum.I feel like a cowardly dumbass?
Hahah, you're very nice, but in the future lie to the strangers, you can say that is not your phone or that has no credit in it, something like that. If you lie to strangers is not bad is just a defense mechanism :)
This should be an FML. Go to the website and submit it. and yes you were a cowardly dumbass..
Yea next time you'll know better won't ya.
lesson learned. all types of users out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment