Saturday, March 10, 2012

Where to find a Vacuum leak? (code 1 & 43 on 1992 civic)?

About a week ago I was driving my car around and scraped the underside of my car on a steep gravel parking on the back and front side. Shortly thereafter I started having an issue where despite pressing on the gas/accelerator pedal, the rpms would actually drop and the further I pushed it the more it would drop, I had to pull over 2-3 times to finish a 17 mile drive. Oddly enough, after each pause I could drive about another 4-5 minutes before it happened again. Now I keep hearing an increasingly loud wooshing/whistling coming from somewhere underneath the engine (hard to locate the exact source from the hood/top of engine bay). Since then I've gotten first a engine trouble code 1, which means a problem with the oxygen content and then after holding the RPMs in park at 3,000 for a minute and a half, I caused the engine to have a trouble code 43 which means a problem with the fuel supply system or oxygen sensor. That information coupled with the obvious air wooshing sound from somewhere underneath the top of the engine in the bay leads me to believe something's cracked open somewhere, but what? Every article I look up about vacuum leaks says to spray water everywhere or put smoke through the air intake, but it doesn't say where to actually look for a leak or what exact tubing/components "can" have a vacuum leak. So what could be leaking in that area on a 92 honda civic? Any clues where to check?Where to find a Vacuum leak? (code 1 %26amp; 43 on 1992 civic)?
well if i were u i would take some propane and let it leak just a little bit around the engine and when u get near the leak with the propane the RPM's will go up or u can use smock and just follow the stream leading to the leak.

No comments:

Post a Comment