Saturday, March 10, 2012

How can the courts tell me that if I'm in jail is not a good reason notto pay child support! and take my lic's

i was in jail yet when i got out i was told that being in jail is no reason not to pay child support. even when i was homeless i was told to sell my cloths and give it to child support! yet my ex as not even given me a photo of my kids in 9 years! she is a r.n and makes lots of $ i made 6000.00 last year and the payments are 100.00 a week. she will not even give me a address or see them in all this time! or any info on them she hangs up most of the time on me or makes the kids do it.she has a cell phone so i can't know the area code were she lives! i looked her up in people finder she as lived in 5 diffrent states since our divorce... the courts just say get a lawyer yet i can't even find a job anymore! and will soon be homeless again..since i was a truck driver!for the past 14 years. much less going back to jail for missing so many payments. i have already gone to jail 3 times for missing payments because of them taking my lic! i have tryed everything to get a job but the backgroundHow can the courts tell me that if I'm in jail is not a good reason notto pay child support! and take my lic's
Right...your childerns needs don't stop or go on hold because you are in jail...

don't give me that , you can't find a job! burger king an mcdonalds is always hirering an will help make child support payments...long enough to keep your a)ss out of jail!
You know, I'm on the other side of your argument and it's frustrating as hell to raise a child with no support from the bio father.



Before the laws changed to where a non-custodial parent can be charged criminally for nonpayment, there was no recourse. It's been the only tool that has been effective in collecting the child support that my child is due. I have to wonder why you didn't request a modification the first time that you were sent to court for non-payment due to the fact that normally, the court will put you on probation, not jail time.



And, visitation and child support are separate issues in the eyes of the court. You cannot deny support because you do not have visitation.



Best advice for you is to contact the child support agency and request a support modification based on your current status. They WILL work with you, but you need to make the effort to get the order changed.How can the courts tell me that if I'm in jail is not a good reason notto pay child support! and take my lic's
There are resources provided by different social and governmental services that can help anyone find a job...even in your situation. You sound like you want to do the right thing. Get on the right track with some help and maybe down the line you may be able to at least write or call your child (if not visit). But first get yourself in line. Your parole officer might be able to give you a head start in the right direction. Remember your kid and don't give up your search for a job.
I think you're full of beans. If you were a truck driver, of which I know several, you made more than enough to pay support. As far as being in jail for anything is yours and your fault alone. That is a matter of how YOU choose to live. Being in jail was your choice. Your hard times is of your own demise.How can the courts tell me that if I'm in jail is not a good reason notto pay child support! and take my lic's
i agree with above , two pissy little jobs can equal one paycheck! and help pay child support! no excuse...childern come first!
I barely made enough to support myself, when I was raising my 3 kids, and did not get a dime of support from their father, yet I found a way to support my kids.

I have no sympathy for you, get a job and help your kids.

Your ex is doing all the work. And if you want to see them, you have rights. It may take some work, but it can be done.
stop defaulting on your payments. and don't give me a sob story about not making money as a truck driver because i know drivers make decent money.

if child support is contacting you for money, find out what county they filed in. then go to the family law courthouse and file for custody and visitation. and they are right...jail is NOT a good excuse to not pay child support. only death is. and even then your kids can collect your SSI checks. you don't have custody...therefore you have no rights. go get custody and visitation rights. be proactive. get it included that phone contact is a must and no interuptions during a certain time period. YOU HAVE THE POWER TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT SEEING YOUR KIDS IF YOU REALLY WANT TO. and they do have free legal service available at the court. ask the clerk where that office is.



and go down to the child support court, make a payment plan that is workable for your income that will allow back child support payments. you can even commit to $20.00 a month for back child support until the kids turn 18 and then increase the amount to pay it off. however, the regular child support amount will remain the same unless the judge see a hardship. and you can request to get your DL back.
No sympathies here....what self respecting man makes only $6000.00 a year. Your a deadbeat, get over it. You have to NOT be paying support for quite awhile for the authorites to throw you in the can.....so who are you fooling????



If you didn't want to support your children, YOU SHOULD OF KEPT YOUR DICK IN YOUR PANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment