Saturday, March 10, 2012

Why is my site format messing up in IE7 (and lower versions)?

I created my own site using basic HTML. I didn't pay attention to how it turned out in ALL browsers when I first wrote it (bad, bad.. I know %26gt;.%26lt;).



But- It works in Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and IE8, but it messes up the navbar area on IE7 and I'm guessing lower versions (I don't have anything lower than IE7 so couldn't check).



The site is www.jumpin4agility.com



The white space from my table was shortened and the text/links were pushed up.



Can anybody take a look at the source code and see what I messed up and how/if I can fix it?



Thanks in advance!!Why is my site format messing up in IE7 (and lower versions)?
You have 23 xhtml errors. Those need correction (you will probably not have the reported 23). Here is the html validator: http://validator.w3.org/



Suggest you forget about absolute postitioning. You should be able to get by without it and it is a mess on monitors that are not the same resolution as your's.



I don't see a lot of difference between Opera and IE6. Code is such that I can't spend the time going over every detail. Sorry.Why is my site format messing up in IE7 (and lower versions)?
just looked at it and you did not lay it out in a table format , i think you have used divs try using a table to hold your format i am still learning myself lol and have been getting all sorts of problems you are welcome to have a chat about it if you want

No comments:

Post a Comment