Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Is it time I said to myself "Look, give it up. You are never going to get friends in Secondary school"?

I'm 15 in a little over a months times, and I'll tell you this; I never spoke more than 10 sentences to any girl my age or near it that wasn't family. I've never had a "friend" that wasn't family since I was 9, because I was send to another school for a year, where everyone bullied me, and when I got back to my old school, I was bullied there as well. In secondary school(In case you need to know about the Irish Education System= http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_i鈥?/a> ) one of the people in Primary school blabbed all sort of information that I had since decided to keep to myself, and the person also made up rumors. Thanks to him, I've been given the cold shoulder by anyone who was half-normal, and since I'm a devout Catholic, attending mass weekly(Despite the Catholic majority in my area, many families do not attend mass) and due to the fact that I am very well behaved, I'm also bullied(again) by several people.



However, even when they will maybe start to stop that, the rumors about me are well circulated, and even passing fourth-years could comment on me, which is no surprise considering that the school is a small(250 pupils) rural school, in the middle of a community where what you can about someone is quickly known and considered fact. I can't spread counter-rumors, since I've no friends and everyone is already in their own groups, and they have pretty much just locked their doors to me. I believe that things will change once I get to college, but I've a hard time keeping moral up. I've wouldn't usually ask a question quite like this, if it wasn't for the fact that a few lads came up(and no, it was just to annoy me, as we, were doing our Christmas tests, and the wanted to annoy me) to me, and they passed a few comments, and since I was well used to this, I was about to bounce back the comments with come-backs, and one of them said "If you are so good with jokes, why don't you comment more in class?"(AKA; shout out in class). I told him that you weren't supposed to be making jokes in class, and they laughed at me, like "Is this guy for real?" and then they left. my school seems full of people like that, and half-normal people here are let into their groups and then those normal people are turned into one of them. So, does having a moral code at all exclude you from social interaction in secondary school?



Also:

1)I don't give a *@**(Not actually cursing, just using random key inputs) if I'm prude or not. I'm proud of it. If I can't get friends because I refuse to talk about sex as a subject, then so be it.





2) Before you say it, my hormones have kicked in. I had a few wet dreams on occasion...I don't want to talk about it. It first happened when I was 13....Is it time I said to myself "Look, give it up. You are never going to get friends in Secondary school"?
I'd say forget it, you're better off anyway. Wait until college when people aren't so obsessed with what YOU do and what YOU wear. Your friendships will be more solid and predictable there.Is it time I said to myself "Look, give it up. You are never going to get friends in Secondary school"?
Try one last approach join a group u think u could fit in.

Even laugh at ther jokes and really try to learn from them.

don't be too opinionated and just go with the fow and just follow and try to act and be with a certain group and it will all come togetherIs it time I said to myself "Look, give it up. You are never going to get friends in Secondary school"?
Aww, you'll get friends who understand you. It's not time to give up on friends, just keep searching. Isn't there a teacher who you could tell your problem too?



Try not to bounce comments back, they'll keep bothering you because they think it's funny/fun how you react or talk back. Ignore them and don't reply often just maybe once or so say "Ok." or "MmmHmm."



If it get's physical or you feel somethings wrong get away and keep trying to avoid them.
That's tough hun. What about joining a sports team or group at school? that way you could find other people who share your interests and once they realize you really are a good kid they'll want to be friends with you. Its ridiculous that you should be bullied for being yourself and being a good student but unfortunately thats the way of the world.



Guaranteed things will change when you get to college, just gotta decide if its worth wanting to make friends until you get there or if you just want to put your head down, study hard and ignore those idiots. From my own experience, the ones who studied their butts off are the ones who have the good jobs now and the bullies are the ones living in trailer parks with their baby-mamas and AA meetings. Just keep that in mind when they're picking on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment