Sunday, March 4, 2012

How do I make a call from the US to Melbourne, Australia?

I have a friend that lives very close to Melbourne, and I live in CT. I was curious as to what I needed to dial to correctly call him; any time I've tried looking this up, I've received many different responses. So I was wondering if someone knew how to dial the number correctly, like with the codes for calling out of the US, etc. I have his number, like area code and all..I just need the beginning.How do I make a call from the US to Melbourne, Australia?
General Tips for Calling to Australia from Abroad



STEP 1: Dial the international access code (011 in the U.S.).



STEP 2: Dial the country code for Australia, 61.



STEP 3: Dial the area code (3 for Melbourne).



STEP 4: Dial the local subscriber number (8 digits).



If you still can’t connect, call an international operator by dialing 00.



If you need to call a cellular phone in Australia, dial the number just as you would dial that of a land line. The only difference is that cell phone numbers use the prefix “4” in place of area codes. e.g. To call an Australian cell phone from the U.S., dial 011-61-4-xxxx-xxxx. To call an Australian cell phone from within Australia, be sure to dial the 0 before the prefix 4. e.g. 0-4-xxxx-xxxx.

No comments:

Post a Comment