Saturday, February 25, 2012

Got a call this morning, was a 310 area code I didn't recognize, can I report them to the police?

I got a call this morning from this number 310-868-1456 and they asked if I had health insurance. I said yes, and asked how they got my number, and they hung up on me. Who is this company cause I don't remember? Are they criminals? Or is it some actual health insurance company? I don't know how they got my number which is really scary. So can I report them to the police for harassment? Cause if I can then those fu*k'ers are going to go to jail and that will make me feel so good about myself. It would be a great help if anyone has some information regarding this phone number. I tried reverse phone look up and all it gave me was the state location which is California, nothing else. Any ideas? Thanks.Got a call this morning, was a 310 area code I didn't recognize, can I report them to the police?
For it to be considered harassment, a person must call over 15 times a day.



This was odd, indeed, but unless you gave them your personal info, don't worry. Talk to your phone company as well, they may be able to block it. Usually if someone is pretending to be a company, they are usually smart enough to at least block their number lol and in that case just dial *77 and it blocks all unknown calls!



Put your number in the do not call list! It wont be active for a little bit but worth it! It could also be a debt collector seeing if you live there, but I honestly would worry.



Good luck!
They hung up on you because they knew you weren't going to buy their insurance. There are worse things going on in the world that the police need to be focused on.



Sometimes companies will just dial numbers that aren't listed to see if they work, so they may not have used any real shady tactics to get your number or anything.Got a call this morning, was a 310 area code I didn't recognize, can I report them to the police?
go to whitepages.com and do a reverse look up it may show who it is. If it does contact them tell them to remove you from thier list. In addition add your name to the national do not call list if it is not already that way if they call again you can file a complaint against tehm.
No. Telemarketers get computer generated phone numbers, they do not even know who they are calling. List your phone number on the Do Not Call List



https://www.donotcall.gov/Got a call this morning, was a 310 area code I didn't recognize, can I report them to the police?
Unless they were abusive or continually calling you I doubt the police would become involved, its unfortunately just a telemarketer trying to earn a living but going the wrong way about it.
They were probably calling u from another country where is business hours %26amp; it got rerouted thru California b4 getting to u. I wouldnt sweat it THAT much
Dont call the police unless they keep calling you continuously over and over....Theres nothing the police can do with what has happened so far


Do you have health insurance?



Do you think you can get me sent to jail for asking too?
Exactly what crime did they commit?

No comments:

Post a Comment