Saturday, February 25, 2012

What is the country code for calling the United States?

Ok so I am in Canada, and I have a friend who lives in the United States. He doesn't have a land phone, he has a cell phone. I normally have no problem calling him from home, I just dial 1, then the area code of his cell, then his cell number.



But my phone is currently not working so I need to call him from a pay phone. The pay phone didn't recognize the number, and said it needed 1+country code+ area code + number.



What is the country code for calling the U.S? I looked up Hawaii's area code and it said 808. Would that work?



Thanx for your help!What is the country code for calling the United States?
1.

Calling the U.S from another country entails dialing 00 for international then 1 for the U.S. then the states area code - in your question you mentioned Hawaii, which is 001808. I travel all over the world so it's really amusing that I got a thumbs down vote.......

Anyway, it's different when calling another country from the States. Instead of the worldwide 00 plus country code you would dial 011 and then the country code. Canada's country code is the same as ours.What is the country code for calling the United States?
001 - (area code) - (phone number)



This is how i've dialed from mexico and europe to the U.S. when i've been out for vacations.What is the country code for calling the United States?
I think you might have to dial 011+1+area code+number
Not sure why it wouldn't work but dialing from Canada to US is like dialing from Canada to Canada too.



Dial 1 then area code then 7 digit phone number.



Since Canada and US has the same country code 1, no need to dial the prefix 011. So dialing from US to Cayman Islands with also the same country code 1 doesn't need the 011 prefix. This is the same thing with Hawaii, Guam, Puerto Rico, Alaska, etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment