Saturday, February 25, 2012

I got a weird call from an '876' area code?

I picked up quickly without looking at the called ID because I thought it was my fiance, turns out it was a weird voice I said hello then hey cause it sounded like him but I quickly realized it wasn't so I hung up, the call lasted 13 seconds. looked it up online and turns out that area code is scam. they tried calling back twice but I didn't answer. Should I be concerned?I got a weird call from an '876' area code?
why would the area code be a scam? it is just someone from jamacia http://areacode.org/876 does not necessarily mean that it is a scamI got a weird call from an '876' area code?
+1 876 is not always a scam. It is the area code for Jamaica which shares the +1 International Country Code (just like Canada), To say that this area code is all scams is like calling Jamaicans scammers. It might have been a wrong number too. Calling this number will be subject to international calling rates which can be misleading though. This person probably also had to pay international rates too.I got a weird call from an '876' area code?
People prank call all of the time, so I wouldn't worry about it. I think there is like an app that can mess up the number so it can look like some random number. Don't worry about it. ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment