Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Is it wrong to play along when a wrong number calls?

This girl (I don't know how old, probably between 14-30. idk, it was hard to tell) calls me. I pick up, say hello, and she addressed me as 'Marie'. I didn't know what to say so I just hung up. If it was a wrong number, I was sure they'd get it right the second time. 2 min. later, I get the call again from the same girl. She said it was Cynthia (I think) and this time, I put it on mute so I could hear her. Then she just keeps asking me if I was there (not physically somewhere, like on the line because I wasn't answering). She hung up that time and sends me a text saying:



Hey, Marie, u hung up 2x after hearing my voice. Last time u reached out during issues with your boyfriend then I didn't hear from u again. Wish u well Take care



I looked up the area code, and she's from an area around where I live, she also had a hispanic accent when I was on the phone with her. What my question is, would this be considered identity theft if I like, called back and pretended to be this 'Maire' person? I'm not asking if it's morally wrong cause quite frankly I wouldn't care. I was just wondering... Yeah, um... I'm kind of into causing trouble by doing stupid things like this. I think it would be fun. So don't answer me saying, "Shame on you," or "you're so mean!" I would just like to know if I can get in any serious trouble for doing this... Thanks, and if you've got any ideas on what to say, I'd like to hear em'.Is it wrong to play along when a wrong number calls?
First, it was rude to hang up on her BEFORE letting her know she had dialed wrong.



Given that people have repeat buttons on her phone, it was also unwise, as then you just get a second call.



Yes, it was horribly wrong to play along, waste her time, and possible mess up her relationships.



Oh, you LIKE ruining people's lives. Well, enjoy having everyone you ever encounter hate you, and do everything they can to ruin YOUR life -- as many of them will, and there will be nothing you can do to prevent them, and no recourse.Is it wrong to play along when a wrong number calls?
LOL that's fricken hilarious. do it and then after a while tell her that it's not really marieIs it wrong to play along when a wrong number calls?
Well, if Maria is dead because her bf did something horrible, you could be in a world of difficult trouble.



Otherwise, no...it would just be a jerky thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment