Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Why would a caller ID show up sometimes with a different name but same number?

Its my husbands cell. Sometimes it has his name, and sometimes it has a name that I don't even recognize. It has the whole number, area code and all. I didn't program any numbers in my phone. I looked the number up and it said it was a land line that was near our town, but it was an unlisted number. The name that comes up, I can't find anything by us. I asked my husband but he doesn't now why.Why would a caller ID show up sometimes with a different name but same number?
It may be a software bug.



Caller ID feature has two settings. DTMF and FSK. Check what your telco is using and set accordingly. You can also do a trial and error. Set to the one the can give you correct ID.

No comments:

Post a Comment