Wednesday, February 29, 2012

MJ Morning Show - possible prank - Tampa?

This seemed legit but I was skeptical:



I got a call close to 11 PM last night from a 'radio station' saying I had to answer three questions and I could win concert tickets. I said no but they were pushy so I just gave in. I guess I answered all three correctly and they said they were going to put it on Monday's show and that I won the tickets. They said someone would call me in the morning to get mailing info but no one ever called.



It seemed legitimate because the man calling sounded professional, had a good voice that sounded like he could be a radio announcer, and they had proper protocol and everything - intro, conclusion, etc. But they didn't call today, and when I looked up the area code it said it was from Virginia, and I'm from Florida which is also where the station is based. So it seems like a really lame prank call. I looked the station up and it seems they do prank calls, but this would be a pretty dumb one in my opinion. They woke me and several other people up with their call and sounded as though they were kind of mocking me - they made me sing a song, etc. - so I'm kind of angry. Anyway, maybe they'll call tomorrow, but I doubt it.



What do you think?? Lame prank call, not a 'scam' because they didn't ask for my credit card number or anything - who would make this call and why? Do radio stations even call people? I generally thought other people called them.MJ Morning Show - possible prank - Tampa?
I'm wondering if it was a legit call and the station dialed the wrong number. They may have called the correct number the next day. Can you imagine how confusing that conversation would be?



Call the number, you have nothing to lose.MJ Morning Show - possible prank - Tampa?
Generally radio stations do not call you unless they plan on airing the call, in which case it is syndicated (recorded and played back later). Therefore it is legit if they asked if they had the rights to air the phone call. Essentially, did they ask "do we have the right to air this call?"

No comments:

Post a Comment