Saturday, February 25, 2012

Why does my Blackberry dial the area code when I try to call someone from my contacts list?

We dont need to use area codes to call people in my town, I have my contacts numbers stored as 7 digit numbers (979-1111) but when I use the address book to call someone it automatically dials a 10-11 digit number (1-416-979-1111), so everytime I want to call someone I would have to dial the number instead of using the address book. I went though the phone options and menus and theres nothing that states anything about area codes. Im usually great at fiddling with electronics, or looking things up on the internet but I cannot find anything on this topic. I have a Blackberry Pearl 8130Why does my Blackberry dial the area code when I try to call someone from my contacts list?
To take the area code off:

1) Press the green talk button to take you to the phone screen

2) Press the option key (the one with the dots next to the green talk button). The left hand menu should pop up.

3) Scroll down to 'Options', near the bottom and select it. A list should open up.

4) Scroll down to 'Smart Dialing' and select.

5) Change 'Country Code' and delete '416' from 'Area Code'.



Hope this helps! I'm using a Blackberry Curve but I'm 90% sure the menu is the same. =)Why does my Blackberry dial the area code when I try to call someone from my contacts list?
i spent 2 hours with rogers canada on the phone and they couldn't figure out why my phone from italy always dialled +39 before i dial or text................ googled this and your answered solved everything in 2 minutes



Annabell your a genius!!!!!!!!!! thank you

Report Abuse

  • dmv nc
  • money games
  • nashville restaurants
  • yamaha outboards
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment