Saturday, February 25, 2012

What kinda number has a plus sign in it?

This guy keeps calling me at weird hours of the night. I never pick up since I know I'm going to get crazy long distance charges.



He leaves a voicemail talking in a diff. Language but then says to call him back in English.



This is the number I got +31 66 84 09 18 4.

I tried looking up international codes and area codes but didn't find anything. Is there a way I could find the number and block it?



Thanks.What kinda number has a plus sign in it?
31 is netherland's country code. "+" is used on mobiles to eliminate all the different countries' "dial-out" codes. usa is 011, russia is 10 , used to be 10 00 i think, and others were/are something like 00, maybe 001 etc. all these codes preceed the country code. each country had/has their own out-dial code, not all unique. maybe uk, france and germany would dial to usa with 00 1 918 555 1234, "00" being international dialing. maybe spain would use 101 1 918 etc.(i made up an example of course, for spain) so for mobile users, + eliminates all the 00, 11, 010, 101, 000, 1, codes! just + country code, city code (or in usa area code) and phone number.

send him an sms (text) and tell him to check his no. it reached you and you don't know him!
  • xenon
  • spelling dictionary
  • vegan cheese
  • cleveland
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment