Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Pay for mixology course for bartending online from ad in Craig's List...scam?

So I've been trying to apply for jobs online and been looking through craig's list. There was an ad stating this for bartenders needed in the area:





Do you have what it takes to bartend and staff these events this summer? Establishments all throughout Evanston %26amp; Lincoln Square. Many positions available. Will train, no experience required. Make up to 150 to 300 a night!! Email us your name and number and we will contact you as soon as possible.



Now I did just that, and I live in Illinois, I received a call from a 602 area code, I looked it up and its an area code for Arizona. He asked me my zip code and he said theres several places in the area that their "company" owns. Also asked if i'm over 21, and my e-mail so he can send the links to the mixology course so I can get a certificate. He specified that theres interviews available the following week and there anywhere from 2 to 8. Then finally he said the course costs 10.00, and then an $89 refundable fee in case things don't work out, and he says hes never had to give the $89 back. He mentioned a couple other things and overall sounded pretty professional, but I still think this is a scam. What do you guys think??Pay for mixology course for bartending online from ad in Craig's List...scam?
If you have to pay to find a job, or get job offerings its a scam.



Most bars will train you on site, if your pretty, and a people person trust me, i manage one and have bartended legally for over 6 years.



A legit bartending school in the city you live in may help if you feel you need the training and suchPay for mixology course for bartending online from ad in Craig's List...scam?
If it sounds too go to be true...

No comments:

Post a Comment